Sterling: Dont compare me with Messi and Ronaldo

Sterling: Dont compare me with Messi and Ronaldo



 Raheem Sterling of Manchester city made his way up as he's among the 30man shortlist along with Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi who have both won the award five times each.

Raheem Sterling

According to the Manchester City winger, he said for him to be in contention for the award he needs to be scoring 50/60goals per year, before he can start thinking of winning the Ballon d'Or.



But Sterling told FourFourTwo: :Messi’s one of a kind.

Stories you might have missed


“Bro, if I’m scoring 50 or 60 goals a year for the next 15 years, then you can talk to me about that – right now, don’t talk to me about Ronaldo or Messi!


I don’t want to hear that connection.

“I’m not saying I don’t value myself, but those are two guys who have been doing it for 15 years. That’s not heard of: 40, 50, 60 goals for 15 years.

“There’s a long process to go for that.




“But I’m developing and I want to get my numbers better every single year.

“If I’m doing that in 10 or 15 years’ time, then OK, maybe. But it’s early days.”

What's your take on Sterling kindly use the comments section to express your view

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Translate